Website Manager Professional3 weeks ago - Job Offers - Benin City - 45 views
The Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation(CERHI) is a World Bank supported program at the University of Benin aimed at building capacity for reproductive health policies and programming within West and Central Africa’s tertiary education system.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Website Manager
- The Centre requires the services of a Website Manager who will pay a meticulous attention to details, outstanding problem-solving skills, and fantastic content creation and writing skills.
Duties of the Officer
- The Website Manager shall work under the supervision of the centre and Deputy Centre leaders to oversee the functionality of the website, evaluate and manage website performance, facilitate hosting and server management, and develop, maintain and update website content.
The specific responsibilities of the post include the following:
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organization’s website.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Create appropriate website content aligned to the organization’s strategy.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly.
- Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practice and monitor competitor websites.
Qualification for the Post
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification, at least 2 years of work experience as a Website Manager, Excellent content creation and writing skills, Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
Other key requirements include the following:
- Expert knowledge of Macromedia suite, Adobe suite, Content Management Systems and W3C Web standards.
- Great understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Per Click (PPC).
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
This is negotiable and shall be on a renewable contract basis. Salary andemoluments are similar to those on contract at the directorate level in theNigerian University system.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 10 (Ten) copies of theirApplication, Curriculum Vitae and 3 References accompanied with photocopies oftheir certificates and relevant credentials. Detailed Curriculum Vitae shouldinclude the following:
- Full names
- Date of birth
- Permanent Home Address and other contact details
- Marital Status
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications (include dates and granting bodies)
- List of previous experiences in information management
- Statement of experience including full details of current and former employers with current salary
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
All applications should be forwarded in properly sealed envelopes marked “CERHI Communication Officer” in the top left corner and addressed to:
The Program Manager,
The Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation (CERHI),
University of Benin (Ugbowo Campus),
P.M.B. 1154. Benin City,
The application should also be emailed to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applicants should request their referees to forward confidentialreports on their behalf to reach the Program Manager on or before the date ofthe interview.