Stores Manager Private2 months ago - Job Offers - Ibadan - 94 views
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Supervise the entire activities and operations of the main store;
- Ensure the establishment, implementation and keep under review processes, system,procedures, programmes and strategies to control investment in inventory;
- Ensure the use of modern stock optimization process in the management of inventories;
- Ensure proper management of receipt and inspection of stock delivered to the institute;
- Keep track of the use and dispatch of the institute stock of materials;
- Maintain relevant documentation for all transactions and activities within the store system;
- Ensure safety and security of stock held regardless of location;
- Ensure preparation and submission of accurate and timely monthly reports to management;
- Ensure an economical store working environment and operations for cost effectiveness;
- Establish and maintain an effective/efficient customer-oriented service system with the endusers;
- Train, develop,motivate, coordinate, direct and control stores staff team for efficiency;
- Ensure that safety rules and regulations at work are adhere to within the store system;
- Ensure proactive risk management system within the store systems;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A master’s degree in a numerate discipline/Purchasing and Supply. A chartered professional certification in CIPS, CIPSMN is highly required.
- Minimum of 15 years performing same or related functions with a minimum of 8 years in a supervisory/managerial role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have sound analytical mind, high level of integrity, good interpersonal and
- communication skill(oral and written).
- Have sound knowledge of inventory optimization models, meeting deadlines with
- little or no supervision;
- Have strong knowledge or oracle application and efficient inventory management.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with the names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers not later than Two weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor,professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Deadline for applications is 14th August 2019