Senior Systems Analyst Professional1 month ago - Job Offers - Ibadan - 393 views
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2018-0035 Positions:
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position
below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Position: Senior Systems Analyst
Contract: 3-year renewable contract Location: Ibadan
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
• Collaborate (in close consultation with software team of IT Unit) with all business
departments to review identified needs of the business functions with the goal of
identifying what software solutions are appropriate to meet the needs.
• Lead the effort(in close consultation with software team of IT Unit) to gather, analyze
and document requirements for new projects and enhancements to existing solutions.
This should lead to appropriate description of program development, logic, coding,
and corrections;including end user documentation to describe new software or
• In close collaboration with the Manager, Enterprise applications, support the hands on
configuration of Oracle EBS modules to meet the business requirements and
• Lead the Change Request (CR) process to ensure that business system changes are
working properly,existing processes remain unaffected and the needs of the users
are met. This includes the effort that reviews, analyzes, modifies, writes and/or
executes thorough change request test plans and checklists
• Oversee testing:unit, integration and user acceptance testing, including use cases
and test data
• Research production system issues and resolve user problems
• Perform application and process-specific training activities to educate technical and
non-technical users of the solutions
• Document system configurations and system application test protocol and create
system guidelines and manuals for the organization.
• Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and
deliver better value to the customer. Conducting regular reviews of systems and
generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
MSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields with minimum of six
(6) years’experience performing similar or related role in structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
• Have hands-on experience implementing Oracle EBS.
• In-depth knowledge of Oracle EBS version 12
• Be experienced with creating business process models and using them to describe
• Be experienced with implementing and supporting enterprise software on-premise is
• Be experienced with Oracle Financials and Supply Chain, other modules are an
advantage notably Oracle Grants Accounting and iExpense.
• Experienced reading and writing basic SQL queries to manipulate data in Oracle EBS.
• Understand the software development life cycle and related processes.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Have strong problem-solving capacity.
• Have ability to learn new technology quickly, become the expert, solve the problem
and teach others.
• Have ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business
- Have excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter
and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website:
http://www.iita.org/about/jobs/ no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees
which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional
colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications
from female candidates.
Application Closing Date 31st October, 2018.