Safety and Security Officer Professional1 week ago - Job Offers - Abuja - 52 views
Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organizations’,communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
CBM provides grants sourced from private and institutional donors to local partners, who subsequently implement programs using the grants on the basis of contracts signed with CBM detailing implementation, accounting, and reporting standards.In this set-up, CBM Country Offices (CC) support partners in fulfilling compliance procedures aimed at partner projects; support development and implementation of quality programs.
To support staff,partner’s project operate safely, we are recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Main Objective of the Role
The overall purpose for this position is to reduce the vulnerability of CBM staff, partners, the communities we work with and programs to the threats and risks present or arising in CBM operating environments, primarily in Nigeria, but also in the region, notably Cameroon, Burkina Faso and Niger
The Safety &Security Officer, West Africa, with focus on Nigeria (70%) and Cameroon,Burkina Faso and Niger (30% combined) - to be reviewed within six months in the job.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Ensure each CO has a Safety & Security (S&S) Plan at all times that is regularly revised and updated, including processes and procedures in line with CBM Global S&S policy and practices;
- Ensure that the S&S Plans involves diversity and local characteristics of the different working locations, in their development and revision;
- Ensure that S&S Plans and practices are inclusive of persons with disabilities and gender sensitive;
- In line with the S&S Plans, conduct periodic field security assessments in the different working locations and report with findings and recommendations on partners and CBM S&S related matters (travel, hotels, venues, transport, assets, etc.);
- Provide credible information and contextual analysis of security situations and incidents along with appropriate advice to the Country Director and the Regional Hub Director;
- Inform Country Director and Regional Hub Director of areas of concern and non-compliance.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's Degree or above in a related field (Administration, Management, etc.), or an equivalent education and work experience;
- 5 years field leadership experience in security management in an INGO setting in Nigeria and/or the region;
- 3 years experience in and knowledge of personnel and organizational security issues, conducting threat/risk assessments, security management, security reporting and security awareness in an insecure environment;
- Proven track record in conceptualizing, developing, implementing an inclusive S&S Plan;
- Proven experience infield-based training focused on safety and security;
- Ability to provide advice and support field staff.
- Inclusiveness and a sound understanding of the importance of gender and disability in S&S;
- Collaboration and ability to work within multi-cultural and diverse team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capacity to remain calm under prolonged pressure;
- Ability to adapt to needs and balance demands of beneficiary and security actors while maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination;
- Unfailing to confidential and sensitive information during crisis, including in health, safety and security;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; fluency in written and spoken French is an asset;
- Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Competency in MS Office and SharePoint; knowledge in Navision is an asset;
- Ability to travel frequently within the country and the region, including to less securing environments.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Application Closing Date 18th March, 2019
Note - This is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract local position to be based in Abuja, Nigeria, subject to local employment and immigration laws.