Project Manager PROSELL Professional5 months ago - Job Offers - Jalingo - 213 views
The jobholder will manage Oxfam-EU funded PROSELL Project and lead on related strategy development. The Project Manager will be the main liaison person for PROSELL project activities between Oxfam and The Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Rural Development officials, Ministries of Women Affairs and Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and private sector and Agricultural Research Institutes involved in the project implementation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Leadership of Oxfam PROSELL project management at all levels (strategic, tactical and operational) ensuring that the project is driven by primary stakeholder needsand interests
• As a member of the Programme Management Team (PMT) and leader of the PROSELL management team,contribute to overall development of longer-term strategy and management of the Oxfam programme in Nigeria
• Keep up to date with national and regional trends in the area of resilient livelihoods, food security and agricultural value chain development order to fully understand the context within which Oxfam operates (present and future)
• And more
• Prepare capacity statements, concept notes and project proposals ensuring they are aimed at achieving resilient income and food security for small holder farmers especially women and youth
• Ensure that proposals developed for specific calls are in line with co-financing targets and priorities of the PROSELL project.
• Prepare monthly,quarterly, mid-term and annual reports to be submitted to Oxfam and existing as well as potential donors.
Project management and implementation
• Ensure PROSELL project achieves its planned outcomes, and provide an effective framework for project work
• Pro-actively share information within the Nigeria and PROSELL project teams and ensure that team members are coordinating effectively over activity planning, implementation,monitoring, evaluation and learning
• Ensure adherence to Oxfam quality standards and integration of best practice in livelihood programme in close liaison with Oxfam technical advisers, finance, MEAL and other support staff
• And More.
• Line manage Oxfam PROSELL project staff in TARABA State
• Provide and facilitate technical support, training and information to PROSELL project staff and partners to enable them to effectively use Oxfam resources as well as best practices in programme planning and implementation.
• Roll out trainings on Oxfam Code of Conduct for staff and non-Oxfam staff involved in PROSELL implementation
• Direct responsibility for budget management of up to 2.5- 3 million EUR project peryear including significant donor funds.
• Ensure that budgets are drawn up for all activities, and that costs are kept withinbudgets, doing a monthly budget monitoring (BVA), quarterly analysis of trendsand timely budget reallocation.
• Develop a supply plan and manage PROSELL procurement in compliance with donor requirements and in relevance with time bound agricultural activities with minimum to zero waiver.
• A Master degree in agriculture, agri-economics, food security, climate change or a related field of study
• 8-10 years field experience in food security, agriculture, and resilient livelihoods, including experience in emergency response and recovery following natural disaster.
• Minimum of 8 years“hands-on” working experience in managing development programmes
• 3 years of managing livelihoods and agricultural projects including ability to integrate private sector, rural financial management and nutrition components especially within an NGO setting in a coordinating capacity.
• Excellent knowledge of the political economy in Nigeria.
• Demonstrated experience of integrating Gender and Diversity issues in market based rural agric sector
Skills and Abilities
• Strong skills in market based agricultural models and value chain approach from small holder farmers’ perspective
• Experience in budgeting, budget monitoring and expenditure forecasting.
• High level of strategic and people management skills, able to support and mentor teams in their professional and personal growth and use a variety of strategies andapproaches to motivate teams
• And more
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates interested in this position should please email an application letter and Curriculum vitae as one attachment to email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email. Completed applications should reach the dedicated email on or before CoB Friday 21st January, 2019. Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply