Project Accountant Private3 weeks ago - Job Offers - Abuja - 31 views
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) through the Ministry of Budget and National Planning, plans to recruit qualified candidates for the services of Project Accountant
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a Loan from theAfrican Development Fund to finance the Institutional Support for Economic Management and Delivery Project (ISEMDP). The Ministry of Budget and National Planning, the International Economic Relations Department of the Federal Ministry of Finance, and the Bureau of Public Procurement, each being responsible for their respective component under the Project, in line with their statutory mandates shall be the implementing Agencies for the Project.
The principal objective of this Project is to strengthen economic and financial governance for achieving a stable macroeconomic environment, inclusive and sustained growth, and effective implementation and delivery of the national development plan. The specific objective of the Project is to develop institutional capacity in macroeconomic management, revenue mobilization,procurement, monitoring and evaluation, and performance and portfolio management and delivery.
The Project has four mutually reinforcing components: (a) enhancing economic management, (b) enhancing performance management and delivery, (c)strengthening domestic revenue mobilization and effectiveness in public procurement, and (d) project management support.
For effective management of this Project, a Project Steering Committee (PSC),Project Implementation Teams (PITs) within the various Components, and a Project Management Unit (PMU) will be set up. The PSC will be responsible for strategic oversight and policy guidance and monitoring portfolio performance.The PITs, to be appointed for each project component and/or sub components, will spearhead the day-to-day implementation of their respective Project activities in collaboration with the PMU. The PMU will coordinate project implementation services including manage procurement and financial management processes. and act as a secretariat to the PSC.
- The Project Accountant shall have the overall responsibility of managing the projects financial resources, tracking and monitoring of financial expenditure,and ensuring strict adherence to the budgets.
- He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that improve overall financial systems for the project.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related degree from accredited University or institution, as well as professional certificate in Accounting (ACCA, ACMA,MBA, CPA certification etc.).
- A minimum of seven (7) years post qualification experience in accounting and/or auditing preferably in the public sector.
- At least five (5) years bands on related experience in financial management of donor funded projects preferably in the public sector.
- Knowledge of procurement, contract management procedure and financial management systems in government and multilateral operations (AfDB or other Donor organizations)will be an added advantage.
- He/She must be a team player and open to learning.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed understanding of Development Partners financial management rules.
- Knowledge of AfDB financial reporting requirements will be an added advantage
- Ability to prepare financial statements in accordance with International Accounting Public Sector Standards (Or equivalent) and Development Partners reporting requirements
- Ability to use recognized accounting software, knowledge of Pastel and SAP Grants Management Module will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of the challenges in public procurement and project development projects funded by Development Partners.
Establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Banks “Procurement Framework for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015. which is available on the Bands website at http://www.afdb.org
The assignment which is expected to commence in May/June 2019, will be for a period of 36 months, subject to good performance assessed annually.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates/consultants should send their Expressions of Interests, enclosed with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of relevant certificates and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Budget and National Planning,
C310310 Adekunle Fajuyi Street,
Central Business District,
Attention:Director, Macroeconomics Analysis Department
All submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF to the email address: email@example.com Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail e.g - "Application for the Post of ISEMDP Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist".
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours from Monday to Friday, between 08.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted applicants will he acknowledged.