Finance Officer Professional5 months ago - Job Offers - Lagos - 296 views
Population Services International in Nigeria (PSI/Nigeria) is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV/AIDS, and reproductive health. PSI Nigeria provides lifesaving products, clinical services and behavioral change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable population to lead healthier lives. PSI has programs in 67 countries. Population Services International in Nigeria was founded in January 2018 currently operates in 25 states.
PSI Nigeria is seeking to fill in the vacant position below:
Duties and Responsibilities
Executing Treasury Accountant duties on a daily basis.
- Monitoring cash flows and Bank Account balances
- Posting of a transaction into Quick Books Enterprise
- Ensure uploading of supporting documents into Quick Books Enterprises
- Assisting in monitoring balances of various balance sheets accounts e. staff loans, staff advances, project advances, accounts payable etc.
- Ensure timely and quality submission of monthly QBE certification to PSI/W
- Supervising the payment process flow, ensuring that all payments are done timely and are sufficiently supported up to documents filing stage.
- Ensuring that financial documents are properly filed and maintained before archiving.
- Supervising the cash management function.
- Supporting the preparation for external and internal audit.
- Preparing Bank and sub-ledger Reconciliations (AP and AM).
- Ensuring that all Statutory Payments are processed timely.
- Checking transactions to ensure compliance with PSI policies and procedures.
- Checking all allocations to GL account codes on all transactions before payment and subsequent posting of transactions to the General Ledger,
- Ensuring irregular bank transactions are rectified within the month of occurrence.
- Assisting in training of respective direct site personnel and inducting all new staff on accounting policies find procedures.
- Collecting and consolidating all Departmental OAR Projections on a monthly basis and comparing against available funds to determine OAR request.
- Ensuring that redeemable deposits are reclaimed from the service providers when due
- Assisting in financial month-end period closures in collaboration with the Finance Director
- Assisting Finance & Administration in preparing and analyzing financial reports that are sent to HQ.
- Conducting quarterly stock count and reconciliation in collaboration with the warehouse manager
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Accounting, Business Studies, Finance and Full professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIS or CIMA plus 5 years’ experience
- Familiarity with Global fund, DFID, USAID and other donors’ rules and regulation and their compliance requirements
- PSI Finance experience and exceptional performance is an added advantage
- Strong QBE experience is a pre-requisite,
- Strong analytical skills
- Drive, initiative and integrity
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV and Application in a single Ms Word document to: email@example.com Clearly indicate the position applied for as the subject of the email
Entry Closes on 3 December, 2018