EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT (MHPSS) SERVICES PROVIDERS Professional2 days ago - Contracts and Bids - Lagos - 2 views
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT (MHPSS)SERVICES PROVIDERS
Experiences associated with irregular migration through the Central Mediterranean route from Nigeria through North Africa to Europe often exert great mental strain on migrants. This route proves extremely dangerous as migrants often struggle to cope with stressors associated with the hazardous journey and return to their communities of origin, amidst limited resources, stripped off familiar social safety nets, and other deprivations, torture and human rights violations.
With support of the European Union(EU) and Government of the United Kingdom, IOM is implementing several programsaiming to improve the reintegration of returnees through providing protection and assistance to vulnerable and stranded migrants, including voluntary returnand support for sustainable reintegration in the communities of origin.
This expression of interest is open to public and private institutions,civil society organizations that meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be licenced to operate in Nigeria and registered with the relevant state agencies, with preference given to those who operate within or near either of the following states: Lagos, Delta, Edo, Abuja, Ogun, Imo, Oyo;
- Must provide Mental Health or Psychosocial Support services, as part of their activities;
- Must operate facilities or conduct activities that are conducive to the promotion of psychosocial and mental well being;
- Must be familiar with the principles of humanitarian assistance.
- Must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Can be either a public or private entity.
B. Civil Society Organizations:
Civil society organizations with the below experience in the following states: Lagos, Delta, Edo, Abuja, Ogun, Imo and Oyo
- · Must have at least 4 years’ experience in supporting returned migrants and/ or vulnerable populations via various mental health or psychosocial support interventions.
- · Have at least 4 years’ experience in providing community awareness on issues related to mental health and psycho social support, uptake of health services, stigma reduction initiatives
- Have experience at least 4 years’ experience in facilitating peer education or supporting establishment of peer groups.
- Experience in working with community support groups or supporting establishment of community support groups to address social norms
- · 3 to 4 years’ experience in group or individual counselling among vulnerable groups and linking them to their respective communities
- · Must be involved in enhancing and building increased resilience among vulnerable groups.
- · 3 to 4 years’ experience in providing community based initiatives including but not limited to actors who manage safe spaces, or group recreational activities or shelter services.
- · Utilize a monitoring and evaluation system for follow-up of clients.
- · Registration with appropriate government ministries, including licenses and certificates.
- · Interested applicants must be based in any of the states listed above
Applicants are obliged to complete an assessment questionnaire through this link: https://nigeria.iom.int
QUERIES RELATED TO APPLICATIONS:
Service providers requiring any clarifications on the content of this document may notify the IOM in writing at the following email address: IOMLagosTenders@iom.int. IOM will respond to any request for clarification received on or before 14th April 2019.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
IOM invites interested service providers to submit an expression of interest, along with a cover letter in support of their application, addressed to the IOM Lagos Procurement Unit and sent to the following email IOMLagosTenders@iom.int on or before 18th April, 2019.
Hard copies of your application can also be submitted to any of our offices listed below:
- 1, Isaac John Street, Ikeja GRA, Lagos, Lagos state
- 3, Aideyan Street, off Ihama Road, GRA, Benin City, Edo state.
- 11, Haile Selassie Street, Abuja, FCT.
The Application document should comprise of the following:
1. Cover Letter;
a. A copy of this Request for Expression of Interest duly signed on all pages by the Company/Service Provider’s Authorized Representative; and dully filled questionnaire as mentioned above.
2. Technical Proposal
Kindly fill in the below information in the tables provided in Annex A with the below details:
a. Details of organisational structure and activities.
b. The list of key staff (CVs should be included as attachments, including description of expertise; work experience,training and education)
c. Details of location and geographical scope.
d. Details of vulnerable groups previously assisted (type of vulnerability, age, gender).
e. If providing child related services, provision of childcare services,whether applicable, by certified educators;
f. Kindly share one professional reference, with complete contact details.
g. Kindly share monitoring methodology and tools (assessments,screenings, performance appraisal system, final training evaluation);
3. Financial proposal
a. Overview of services provided to date and respective costs.
b. Audited reports OR financial reports for the last three (3) years.
4. Applications shall be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
b. Track Record and Experience
c. Technical Expertise
d. Financial Strength
Only eligible and qualified service providers on above shall be invited to participate in the subsequent procurement process.