Executive Secretary Professional4 months ago - Job Offers - Yola - 178 views
The Adamawa State Health Insurance Scheme is established by the Adamawa State Health Insurance Law 2019, and its overall objective is to ensure that residents of Adamawa State have access to qualitative and sustainable health care services through its health insurance system.
About the Role
- The Executive Secretary Adamawa State Health Insurance Scheme is a hands - on position that requires both management and leadership skills and day to day operational exertion. It is split into three (3) main roles:
- Health Management:He/she is responsible for planning, organizing, implementation and monitoring of the Health Insurance Scheme.
- Financial management: He/she is responsible for efficient effective management of funds in such a manner as to accomplish the objectives of the Adamawa State Health Insurance Scheme and the establishing law.
- Administration:Internally, he/she will be primary support to the governing board is driving the synergy and congruence between the governing, and the Agency at large He/She also has major operational responsibilities related to the management of agency’s expenditure, H-resource facilities and assets management of the agency.
- A good degree or its equivalent from a reputable University in Medicine, Pharmacy, Sciences, or Numerate disciplines such as Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, etc.
- Post-graduate qualification in Medicine, Dentistry Pharmacy, Management, Public Health,Health Management, Business Administration, Insurance, Economics, or other related fields. (An MSC/MBA h’s Health Management is highly desirable and will be added advantage)
- Certification in and/or professional membership of health, management and health insurance related bodies shall be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 year experience post NYSC (inclusive of at least 10 years’ experience in senior and executive management, administrative or supervisory capacity in a health institution or related filed).
- Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work is the areas described above
- Attendance of related courses, workshops, seminars etc.
- Application of expertise is management, financial reporting, auditing and controls risk management
- Demonstrable leadership of robust compliance and operational management programs that included oversight monitoring, testing, risk assessment and reporting efforts.
- Proven Administrative ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, e.g Word, Access, Excel, Power Point with certifications
- Very high level of professional and managerial competence in directing and cost activities;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the NHIS guidelines and operations of HMOs HCPs
- Proven experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing business plans, strategies and operating procedures.
- Ability to develop financial plans, manage resources, and analyst and interpret financial data
- Demonstrated ability to evolve administrative policies and procedures and monitor compliance;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Tremendous understanding of Leveraging private investment, public-private partnership and technology for development effectiveness.
- Wide knowledge of contract management, demand planning, budget/cost management, business case development, workforce planning and performance management.
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all Levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Able to manage the accounting system and the day-to-day tasks associated with entering payables,receivables and reconciling the books while also managing a diverse portfolio of administrative responsibilities.
- High level of digital literacy and familiarity with database management systems;
- Proven ability to work under pressure, ensure coherence and consistency, independently, and meet deadlines consistently
- Sound knowledge of Government policy and practice impact on financial and contractual arrangement;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to described how they meet all the above criteria in a Cover Letter to be submitted along with an updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the role should be supported with a write-up (Microsoft Word Format of not more than 1,000 words, on the applicant's Action Plan and Road map for the attainment of the vision and mission of the Adamawa State Health Insurance Scheme Agency.
Any applicant that is found to have criminal records, has been previously indicted or has submitted information that is found to be false, fraudulently obtained or a misrepresentation of facts, will be automatically disqualified at any stage in the process.
Application Closing Date 7th June, 2019