Data Analyst Private3 weeks ago - Job Offers - Minna - 39 views
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some its partners: Jhpiego, mDoc and the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation(HSDF), will be implementing a MSD for Mothers funded cooperative agreement called MSD for Mothers (MFM) Quality of Care (QoC) Project. This project offer a unique and synergistic approach to co-design and implement an innovative QoC model to achieve the projects expected outputs, focusing on indirect causes of maternal morbidity and mortality. The project will be implemented in 2 states -Abuja and Lagos for a minimum period of 15 months
Locations: Niger and Ebonyi Supervisor: TBD Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Slot: 2 Background
The Data Analyst will oversee data collection, verification and analysis for an upcoming UNITAIO project to expand access to preventive chematherapy for pregnant women in Nigeria. This project aims to scale up an innovative, community-based approach to expand coverage of intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp) for pregnant women.
The Data Analyst will provide key 'support for deployment of tablet-based data collection,supporting adherence to standard operating procedures in data collection,verification and quality improvement. Provide routine reports to the M&E Specialist on status of data collection, successes and challenges, and recommendations for overcoming them.
Support and build capacity of health workers and managers in quality data recording, analysis and interpretation, and use of data for decision-making. Collect and report Local Government and State service delivery data against the indicators. Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures.
- Oversee day-to-day data collection of State/Local Government service delivery data Coordinate all M&E data collection, capacity-building activities with facility staff
- Ensure quality of data through data verification, validation including routine data quality audits
- Conduct initial analysis of data, and report to the M&E Specialist
- Contribute to results reporting to UNITAID by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for - progress and annual reports, as appropriate,
- Utilize the data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Ensure relevant data is entered into JADE, Jhpiego's organization-wide performance management system, designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project teams
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree in any of the following Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field or equivalent experience.
- Masters degree in public health is an advantage 5 - 10 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large, multi-year international health sector development programs (approximately SSOM per year)
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation M&E experience in maternal and child health care Familiarity with Nigeria health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Proven expertise in providing technical assistance
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in national programs and technical staff
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners Appreciation for socio-cultural differences in Countries, preferably having lived and worked in one or more low resource settings Awareness of, sensitivity to, and experience in working in multiple soclo-economic settings and with multi-cultural staff and groups
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations worldwide Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access and power BI Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office Fluent in written and spoken English Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills Ability to travel nationally.;
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document indicating location to email@example.com not later than 4pmo n Tuesday 4 April, 2019. Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position/location you are applying for. For further information about Jhpeigo, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.