Chief Finance Officer (CFO) Professional1 month ago - Job Offers - Lagos - 96 views
An Oil and Gas Company (Upstream) requires the services of a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the position below:
- The Chief Finance Officer (CFO) would provide both operational and financial management support to the organization
- CFO supervises the overall finances of the organization and has a direct report relationship with the Managing Director on the day-to-day operations of the company
- The holder of the role will co-ordinate all the Finance/Accounts functions of the company.
- Reporting Line:Reports to the Managing Director
- Takes a lead role in the preparation of the annual plan and yearly budget of the Company which includes directing the short, medium and long term planning and budget development, to support the strategic business goals of the Company
- Provides leadership in the implementation of business strategies and development of mechanisms for a continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives
- Develops financial and tax strategies to support overall company policies and objectives
- Assists in the establishment of a robust procurement policy and partakes in the negotiation of contracts
- Assists the Managing Director in identifying new funding opportunities, budgeting and determining the cost effectiveness of prospective funding modalities
- Assesses the benefits of all prospective projects/contracts and advises the Executive Management on their propriety and best implementation strategy
- Works with the Managing Director to establish a robust cost analysis support system and compliance with all contractual requirements. This includes:
- Interpreting legislations, rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal,state, local and contractual guidelines
- Ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and;
- Monitoring compliance.
- Ensures that, the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with Best Practices, General Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) and the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the company’s revenue/expenses and balance sheet reports
- Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the Company
- Monitors banking activities of the Company and ensures adequate cash flow to meet the Company’s needs.
- Oversees the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with financiers, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by the Executive Management.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Economics
• Relevant Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CFA
• A Master’s Degree/MBA would be an advantage
• Prior experience of at least 10 years in the Oil and Gas industry
• A minimum of 3 years in a similar role
• A reasonable experience working in and around the Board as Head of Finance/CFO
Method of Application
Application should be forwarded to: email@example.com not later than two (2) weeks from January 29.