Assistant Director of Nursing Private3 months ago - Job Offers - Abuja - 113 views
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Assistant Director of Nursing
- The Assistant Director of Nursing reporting to the Director of Nursing, will be responsible for providing direct quality patient care, develops work schedule and directly supervise the staff by monitoring the different unit managers.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for preparation of departmental budget, as well as supplies and inventory as well as developing reports for licensing and accreditation,and periodically plan and implement staff training seminar.
- The Assistant director of Nursing will be involved in direct patient care, monitoring the work of nurses, including conducting Nursing ward rounds, supervision of the activities of the ward managers to ensure that they are working efficiently and a professional environment is maintained in the facility, evaluates the performance of the staff in the nursing department and presents the reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Support Delivery of the Nursing Strategy, to ensure high professional standards of nursing practice and patient care are achieved, and a culture of continuous quality improvementis promoted.
- Lead and contribute to key nursing objectives to secure achievement of performance standards and targets.
- Ensure that a balance is achieved between innovation in practice and attaining thefundamentals of care.
- Nurse Lead on specific areas (e.g. Workforce, Procedures and Protocols) as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Promotion of effective multi-professional team work culture.
- Work on all issues pertaining to Integrated Clinical Governance.
- Work within clinical specialties to ensure priorities for nursing practice are implemented and standards of nursing care are monitored. Work clinically for one session per week providing strong role modelling and the opportunity to work directly with patients and staff to assess key issues in practice development.
- Participate in the process of reviewing and updating clinical policies ensuring they are evidence based.
- Participate in the development of Performance Management goal setting.
- Provide support and corporate development for specialist nursing roles.
- Organize the Department of Nursing duty manager on call rota.
- Work closely with Clinical Nurse Managers to support individual staff and team development.
- Ensure there is robust leadership in terms of environmental and facilities management, in conjunction with the Infection Control Nurse Specialist and Clinical Nurse Managers to achieve excellent external reports on hygiene standards and Infection Control rates across the organization.
- Ensure that there are effective mechanisms in place for the early resolution of complaints and concerns raised by patients/ carerers /relatives.
- Ensure full,appropriate and timely responses to formal complaints and that there is a robust process in place to meet internal/ external deadlines.
- Assist in the monitoring of nursing budgets.
- Delegate as appropriate to relevant ward staff promoting their leadership roles. Work closely with the multidisciplinary teams, establishing good working relationships to ensure high standards of patient/family care.
- As a member of the senior Nursing Department, undertake accountability and responsibility for the supervision of nursing.
- Receive and give appropriate reports to the Director of Nursing and deputize for him/her as required.
- Participate/lead on projects, working groups or committees as directed and agreed by Director of Nursing
- RN or RN/RM
- B.Sc. in Nursing Science
- Diploma in Nursing Administration or Health Administration is added advantage
- Valid Licence -Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Letter
- 15 years or above as nurse in hospital environment
- BLS certification preferred
- Proven ability to manage and evaluate nursing staff
- Strong written,verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and handling stressful situations
- Talent for negotiation and collaboration
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date 18th April, 2020.