Administrative and Financial Assistant Professional2 months ago - Job Offers - Abuja - 83 views
The Federal Ministry of Environment is recruiting for contract Administrative & Financial Assistant.
Duration: One-year renewable
The Federal Ministry of Environment in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is embarking on a project to support the implementation of the NDC Sectoral Action Plan with a focus on the five priority sectors of Agriculture,Power/Energy, Transport, Oil & Gas and Industry.
The UNOP HOC Support Programme will build on the challenges and various efforts by the Government of Nigeria in implementing the NDC through existing strategies and action plans.It will enhance the capacities of relevant institutions directly involved in the implementation of the Action Plan to mobilize finance, increase private sector participation and provide advisory services for mainstreaming gender responsive measures across all sectors in the implementation process.
- A Project Administrative and Financial Assistant (AFA) will be recruited to provide daily assistance to the Project Manager.
- The AFA will be hired as a full-time project staff member for the duration of the project.
- Assist the Project Manager to establish and maintain good communication and coordination with Government counterparts, donor agencies, private sector, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Assist the Project Manager to review the overall project work plan and budget allocation
- Organize meetings,including Steering Committee and Technical Working Group meetings, and taking minutes of the meetings
- Provide administrative and logistical support such as drafting correspondence letters,organise filing system and record/update project inventory list.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing the TORs and in organizing interviews for selection of candidates for consultants and sub-contractors
- Assist the Project Manager in keeping regular monitoring of the progress of the project and take corrective actions to ensure that the project is achieving expected outputs within the given time frame add budget
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing progress updates, Quarterly and Annual reports to the government and UNDP
- Assist the project team in preparing the terminal report to the government and UNDP Perform any other functions as required by the Project.
- Process financial transactions such as payments to consultants, supplies and logistical requirements as well as monitor project expenditures
- Maintain books of accounts
- Prepare and update financial reports
- Ensure that project assets are properly recorded and used for implementation of the Project
- Assist the project manager to establish and maintain good communication and coordination with Government counterparts, donors, private sector, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Assist the project manager to review the overall project work plan and budget allocation Ensure complete documentation of expenses so that funds can be verified in case of audit
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business Administration or Accountancy.
- Minimum of 5 years’professional experience in administration and project management or equivalent
- Extensive experience in organizing meetings, workshops and writing reports
- Knowledge of UNDP and other foreign-assisted project implementation procedures, including procurement, disbursements, reporting and monitoring would be an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong computer skills especially for Word Processing and Spreadsheets
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications with a Cover Letter stating why they are the most suitable candidate for the advertised positionto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply for this position. All applications willbe treated with the strictest confidence.
Application Closing Date 12th March, 2019.